The safety and well-being of our students, families, and staff is BrightLight's highest priority. We have been and will continue to follow the information and guidance provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as the department of public health in each community we serve.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
BrightLight will follow the CDC and local health agency recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting the building. We have reviewed our cleanliness processes with our staff which include handwashing, disinfecting/sanitizing toys and equipment, and proper use of gloves.
BrightLight will continue to implement CDC recommendations to prevent infection for students and staff, which include:
- Washing Hands Often: Students and staff will wash hands using soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds frequently throughout the day.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick especially those with respiratory symptoms.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Staying home when you are sick/keep your child home when he/she is sick.
- Practicing proper cough and sneeze etiquette: Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. If tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your shoulder by lifting the collar of your shirt covering your nose and mouth. Wash hands immediately after both scenarios.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Special Pick-Up/ Drop-off Procedures as noted above.
- Additional teacher and staff training: Teachers and staff will continue to be trained on the enhanced precautions and preventative measures for health and safety.