The safety and well-being of our students, families, and staff is BrightLight's highest priority. We have been and will continue to follow the information and guidance provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as the department of public health in each community we serve.
Extra Safety Procedures for CHECK-IN/OUT PROCESS:
Parents/guardians will now be dropping off and picking up children OUTSIDE OF HALLWAY DOORS, near finger print/key fob device. A table will be set up next to check-in kiosk, in front of double doors to hallway as a screening and initial hand sanitization station.
Before being allowed entry into the operation, each child and staff member will be screened, including taking the temperature of each person upon arrival at the operation each day. Entry will be denied to any person who meets any of the following criteria:
A temperature of 100.4°F or above;
Signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and low-grade fever;
In the previous 14 days has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19; is under investigation for COVID-19; or is ill with a respiratory illness; or
In the previous 14 days has travelled internationally to countries with widespread, sustained community transmission.
Each child who is cleared through the screening process will be taken by a center staff member back to their classrooms. PARENTS WILL NOT BE ENTERING HALLWAY to take their children to or pick their children up from class. Staff delivering children to their classrooms will verify handoff with classroom teacher and staff will assist with hand washing upon entry into the classroom.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
BrightLight will follow the CDC and local health agency recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting the building. We have reviewed our cleanliness processes with our staff which include handwashing, disinfecting/sanitizing toys and equipment, and proper use of gloves.
BrightLight will continue to implement CDC recommendations to prevent infection for students and staff, which include:
- Washing Hands Often: Students and staff will wash hands using soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds frequently throughout the day.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick especially those with respiratory symptoms.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Staying home when you are sick/keep your child home when he/she is sick.
- Practicing proper cough and sneeze etiquette: Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. If tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your shoulder by lifting the collar of your shirt covering your nose and mouth. Wash hands immediately after both scenarios.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Special Pick-Up/ Drop-off Procedures as noted above.
- Additional teacher and staff training: Teachers and staff will continue to be trained on the enhanced precautions and preventative measures for health and safety.